So evidently there are many people in complete and utter disbelief that Donald Trump was elected President, but really they shouldn’t be so surprised. Why are the news networks, academics, and Washington insiders so surprised? Because they live in echo chambers – they are primarily surrounded by people whose opinions mirror their own. Continue reading “Tuesday night should not be a surprise.”
I went into last night’s election optimistic but nervous. I gave Donald Trump about 40% odds, which many people thought were way too high. But now that almost all the dust is settled, let’s take a look at what happened, and why we really shouldn’t be shocked at the outcome.
Continue reading “What happened last night?”
- Raise taxes on the rich.
- We create more jobs and growth.
“As the Russians gradually assumed control of Uranium One in three separate transactions from 2009 to 2013, Canadian records show, a flow of cash made its way to the Clinton Foundation,” The Times reports.
Here’s the high-level summary. There are more details below.
Canadian company Uranium One owned uranium mines in the US and Kazakhstan. Uranium One’s mines account for 20% of the uranium mined in the US. Uranium is used for nuclear weapons, and it’s considered a strategic asset to the US. Russia’s state-owned atomic agency, Rosatom, bought a 17% stake in Uranium One in June 2009. The Russian atomic agency decided it wanted to own 51% of Uranium One in June 2010. To take a majority stake in Uranium One, it needed approval from a special committee that included the State Department, which Hillary Clinton led at the time. Investors in Uranium One gave money to the Clinton Foundation starting in 2005 and through 2011. On June 29, 2010, Bill Clinton was paid $500,000 to speak in Russia by an investment bank with ties to Russia’s government that had a buy rating on Uranium One’s stock. In January 2013, despite assurances to the contrary, a subsidiary of Rosatom took over 100% of the company and delisted it from the Toronto Stock Exchange. Clinton was required to disclose all of her foundation’s contributors before she became secretary of state, but the Clintons did not disclose millions of dollars donated by the chairman of Uranium One while the review of the deal was ongoing. “Uranium One’s chairman used his family foundation to make four donations totaling $2.35 million,” The Times reports. “Those contributions were not publicly disclosed by the Clintons, despite an agreement Mrs. Clinton had struck with the Obama White House to publicly identify all donors. Other people with ties to the company made donations as well.”
Here are some key points from the Times report:
According to The Times, Uranium One’s involvement with the Clintons stretches back to 2005, when former President Bill Clinton accompanied Canadian mining financier Frank Giustra to Kazakhstan, where they met with authoritarian president Nursultan Nazarbayev. Going against American foreign policy at the time, Bill Clinton expressed support for Nazarbayev’s bid to lead an international elections monitoring group. Soon after, Giustra’s company, UrAsia Energy (the predecessor to Uranium One) won stakes in three uranium mines controlled by Kazakhstan’s state-run uranium agency. Months after the deal, Giustra reportedly donated $31.3 million to Clinton’s foundation. Clinton traveled to the ex-Soviet Central Asian state to sign an agreement with the government, admitting Kazakhstan into the Clinton Foundation HIV/AIDS Initiative Procurement Consortium. In June 2009 ARMZ, a subsidiary of Russia’s atomic energy agency Rosatom, finalized a deal for a 17% stake in Uranium One. In June 2010, the Russian government sought a 51% controlling stake in the company that would have to be approved by the American government.
Final say over the deal rested with the foreign investment committee, “including Mrs. Clinton — whose husband was collecting millions of dollars in donations from people associated with Uranium One,” The Times notes. After the deal was approved in October 2010, Rosatom’s chief executive, Sergei Kiriyenko, said in an interview with Russian President Vladimir Putin: “Few could have imagined in the past that we would own 20% of US reserves.”
A source with knowledge of the Clintons’ fundraising pointed out to The Times that people donate because they hope that money will buy influence. The source said: “Why do you think they are doing it — because they love them?” “Whether the donations played any role in the approval of the uranium deal is unknown,” The Times concluded. “But the episode underscores the special ethical challenges presented by the Clinton Foundation, headed by a former president who relied heavily on foreign cash to accumulate $250 million in assets even as his wife helped steer American foreign policy as secretary of state, presiding over decisions with the potential to benefit the foundation’s donors.”
Catholics insulted by Hillary Clinton campaign:
Trump’s supporters a basket of deplorables
FIVE THINGS THAT SCARE ME ABOUT HILLARY CLINTON
Selling out the White House and government favors to the highest bidder, as she has a history of doing with the Clinton Foundation as Secretary of State. The collusion between the Democrats and the mainstream media, exposed through the Wikileaks emails, the fact that the mainstream media jumps on Trump at every indiscretion, yet defends and deflects from Clinton’s crimes.
Her history of complete corruption, including her email server. She has been proven to be grossly negligent with national security data for her own personal convenience, and to avoid having her emails visible by government agencies. There’s ample reason to believe that some of this information could have been hacked, and that foreign and hostile governments have blackmail information on the President of the United States. There is evidence of collusion between Hillary and the Justice Department. Her actions reveal her attitude that she is above the law and not subject to the same rules as the rest of society.
The thought that Hillary will appoint 3 or 4 justices to the Supreme Court who will rule based on political ideology and try to legislate from the bench instead of following the Constitution. Will our First and Second Amendment rights (which Clinton has a record of opposing) be at the whim of liberal justices who feel that they have the ability to rewrite, and/or shred our Constitutional liberties?
Her insatiable desire for more taxing and more spending will blow up our national debt. We have, between national debt and unfunded liabilities, $150 to $200 TRILLION, and Clinton wants MORE taxes and more spending. This is unsustainable and we are approaching a point of no return where our economy will collapse, because Clinton and many other Democrats believe that they can classify every single voter whim as a “right” to be provided at taxpayer expense.
She would completely throw open our borders and erase the meaning of national soveriegnty. Foreign nationals could come and go at will, settling in our country at our taxpayer expense. Clinton herself admitted these refugees cannot be vetted, and ISIS has claimed publically that they plan to infiltrate the refugee program with militant terrorists. Donald Trump is absolutely 100% about his wall policy. Of course not all Mexicans are rapists and murderers (nor did he say that), but we DO have people who are crossing over who mean harm to us, we can’t possibly vet all of them. And Obama & Clinton seem completely dismissive of that issue. We are selling out our national security in the name of political correctness. The increasing wave of terrorist attacks should frighten anyone and give an accurate glimpse of a Hillary Clinton Presidency.
FIVE THINGS THAT MAKE ME SLIGHTLY NERVOUS ABOUT DONALD TRUMP
Trump may not have the temperament. His insistence on doing things his own way not be conducive to the Executive Branch where you need to take the advice of others.
Trump has shown to have some lewd views towards women. While I can’t condone any of things, one has to wonder what these have to do with running the country. We can vote for people without agreeing with everything they’ve done. I agree these are some pretty nasty words on tape, but really people? Lewd behavior 10 years ago vs. decades of criminal behavior, corruption, and collusion? Is there really a choice?
I do criticize his campaign strategy, focusing too much on unimportant negative issues and not highlighting his vision for America and Hillary’s endless flaws.
I do not agree that the best way to handle our trade deficits and job losses overseas is through more tariffs and higher taxes.
I agree that he wants too much spending as well, but I temper that by saying that at least his policies will get free enterprise running again and will provide us a stronger tax base to pay down that debt, while Hillary’s policies will drive wealth and jobs out of the country. Combine that with her insatiable appetite for spending, and the country will be bankrupt in a decade.
- A Lebanese-Nigerian billionaire, who was one of the Clinton Foundation’s biggest donors, lobbied Hillary not to designate the al-Quaeda-linked Nigerian Islamist group Boko Haram as a terrorist organization.
- A Canadian businessman who donated millions of dollars to the Foundation was granted permission to sell control of 20% of the U.S. uranium production capacity to Russia. Vladimir Putin soon gave Bill Clinton $500,000 to deliver a speech in Moscow.
- As Sec of State, Hillary helped Boeing win a $35B Air Force tanker refueling contract. Afterward, Boeing donated $900K to the Foundation and paid Bill $450K to deliver two speeches.
- Bill Clinton directed nearly $3M to an energy company owned by a “family friend”, part of it coming from a federal Dept of Energy grant he helped arrange.
- While Sec of State, Hillary intervened on behalf of Swiss banking giant UBS, who happened to donate $600K to the foundation and paid Bill Clinton $1.5M for several speeches.
- Clinton has public and private positions on issues
- Clinton claimed Saudi Arabia & Qatar founded ISIS, both of them abuse women, etc. but Clinton Foundation accepted $$.
- Clinton showed concern about ability to vet refugees, yet she wants to continue importing them from Syria
- Clinton bragged about being invited to Putin’s “inner sanctum” despite giving Trump a hard time
- Clinton saying she’s “removed from the struggles of the middle class.”
- Clinton hated using the phrase “everyday Americans.”
- Clinton Campaign attacked Catholics & Evangelicals
- Clinton went back & forth over Keystone Pipeline, saying in a paid speech that fracking was a “gift.”
- Clinton praised Wall Street in paid speeches, despite decrying them as evil and threatening to break them up.
- Clinton SUPPORTS A PLAN THAT WOULD CUT SOCIAL SECURITY.
- Clinton showed support for “open borders” and an “open hemisphere.”
- Clinton was allowed by New York Times to edit quotes.
- Clinton was offered advice by CNBC’s John Harwood, praised by MSNBC producer
- Clinton had campaign pumped up by the Boston Globe
- Campaign pressured Univision to attack Donald Trump
- Clinton bragged about campaign support from media
- Donna Brazile leaked Town Hall question to Clinton.
- Podesta reference to “needy Latinos”
- Campaign colluded with DOJ and State Dept. over released documents
- Campaign colluded with media, possibly even getting debate questions in advance
- Caught on tape saying that open borders are good – Hillary Clinton wants an open-borders society, where the world has a right to live at U.S. taxpayer expense, a right to cross our borders unchecked, and our national security means nothing.
- Smearing and conspiring against Bernie Sanders, possibly rigging the primary election.
- Podesta wished the San Bernardio shooter was named “Chrisj”
- Mook called Clinton’s taxes & health “hyper sensitive issues” while berating Trump about his taxes.
- Politico reporter offered Clinton’s campaign a chance to edit story
- Focus group tested the allegation that Obama’s father was Muslim
- Campaign believed Obama committed voter fraud in 2008 (and now attacks Trump for the same belief).
Project Veritas: Organizations tied to the DNC and the Clinton campaign were reportedly deliberately fomenting unrest and instigating protests at Trump & Pence events.
Notes from an interview with an unnamed FBI official reveal the State Department Undersecretary for Management Patrick Kennedy tried to horse-trade with the FBI, offering additional slots for the bureau overseas if they would de-classify a particular email marked “SECRET.” According to the documents, an unnamed individual said he was “pressured” to “change the classified email to unclassified.” “[Redacted] indicated he had been contacted by PATRICK KENNEDY, Undersecretary of State, who had asked his assistance in altering the email’s classification in exchange for a ‘quid pro quo,’” the 302 states. “[Redacted] advised that in exchange for marking the email unclassified, STATE would reciprocate by allowing the FBI to place more Agents in countries where they are presently forbidden.”
Campaign in touch with justice department regarding timetable of investigation. There is evidence that Brian Fallon, press secretary for Hillary Clinton, colluded with the Department of Justice (DOJ) during the Clinton email investigation. Brian Fallon wrote an email to Clinton 2016 staff where he warns that the: “DOJ just filed a briefing saying the gov’t proposes releasing HRC’s cache of work-related emails in January 2016.” While the staff schedules an emergency damage control meeting, Fallon sends an email that shows he, a chief member of Hillary’s campaign, is colluding with the DOJ during the email investigation. “DOJ folks inform me there is a status hearing in this case this morning, so we could have a window into the judge’s thinking about this proposed production schedule as quickly as today,” Fallon writes. Fallon even sends a follow up email to staff with further information he received from the Justice Department, saying that he found out the DOJ will be “proposing a revised schedule for producing the emails — this time on a rolling basis, in accordance with the judge’s order.”
- Returning the country to law & order. We’ve seen a disregard for law in this country. Secretaries of State getting away with espionage and treason, and an administration that fuels race riots and unrest by blaming the cops and insinuating that Americans have implicit bias. We also are not enforcing our border laws. We have tens of millions of illegals in our country living off of our social services, bringing dangerous drugs and weapons across our borders, and threating national security. Now Obama and Clinton want to deliberately bring in more Syrian refugees despite the inability to screen them. Meanwhile our veterans are dying waiting in long lines for treatment.
- He speaks the truth – say what you want about his political incorrectness and no-holds-barred language, but that’s PRECISELY what attracts his supporters to him! Despite all the gaffes and the relentless personal attacks from Democrats and mainstream media, he remains in this race BECAUSE of his rhetoric, NOT in-spite of it. Americans are tired of the polite, politically correct empty suits (on both sides) pandering for their vote and not delivering. Trump is saying things that ordinary Americans, the silent majority, have been thinking all along but are afraid to say for the risk of being called the latest “ist.” We’re sick and tired of endless government waste and spending, watching their tax money go to waste while their jobs disappear. Tired of criminal aliens flaunting our porous borders, tired of political correctness and social justice getting in the way of solving our problems. Tired of the disrespect for the law and for our police and military. We’re sick of a government wanting to give free healthcare and college to illegal aliens while our own brave veterans are dying waiting in line for medical treatment from a broken VA system that Clinton barely talks about (oh but we got 10,000 refugees into our country ahead of schedule). We’re sick of giving millions in foreign aid to other countries while our own infrastructure falls apart. We’re sick of Presidents who go around the world spending more time apologizing for and lecturing to his own country, than standing up and defending us against Islamic terrorism. We’re sick of government-as-usual from BOTH parties. Trump is not a politician, he’s an outsider with the message that we live in a rigged system – AND HE’S RIGHT! And ordinary Americans who have felt left behind by Washington, D.C. for decades are waking up and saying they’ve had enough. That message resonates with people and the only reason that Trump isn’t blowing Clinton out in the polls is because unfortunately he doesn’t stick to that message enough. But regardless of what happens on November 8, the Populist Nationalist Movement is here to stay, and questions that have lain dormant for decades are now coming into the open.
- Lowering taxes and easing regulations that stifle business. Clinton’s plan involves just using government spending to solve everything, despite the fact it’s making things worse. Reagan’s tax cuts brought in MORE tax revenue. The number one reason that jobs are leaving the country is that they can’t put up with the increasing onerous taxes and regulations. Somehow Democrats feel that taxing big corporations more will cause companies to stay – it will have the opposite effect. The reason that smaller businesses aren’t hiring is because regulations like Obamacare are stifling their growth.
- Returning education to local control. Hillary is on board with teachers’ unions who want to stifle school choice and bureaucrats who favor the one-size-fits-all Common Core standards which operate under the guise that the Federal government knows better than parents and teachers.
- Ending Obamacare which has broken all its promises, caused premiums to skyrocket, coverage to fall, and insurance companies to flee.
I. Running up national defecit. Democrats seem to believe there’s some magic money tree and that the solution to all problems is “making the rich pay their fair share.” First, most of her donation money comes from big corporations. Second, define “rich” and “fair.” How is it the government’s business to decide how much of people’s hard-earned money they’re allowed to keep. They cannot realize that higher taxes will simply drive away businesses and cause them to freeze hiring because of the higher expenses.
II. Criminal and serial liar. Whether it’s lying about not having secure emails on her server, or lying to the mothers of Benghazi victims that the attack was caused by video tapes when really it was her own incompetence at defending the compound, Hillary takes political truth-stretching and puts it on steroids. But then again, what difference at this point, does it make?
IV. History of corruption.
A. Chinagate – selling Chinese political influence in exchange for illegal foreign campaign contributions
B. Pay to play: Half of the people granted appointments with Secretary Clinton were donors to the Clinton Foundation. Selling political favors for campaign cash.
C. The Russian Uranium One Deal: (Source: Breitbart.com and Peter Schweitzer’s “Clinton Cash”): “Uranium One was originally a Canadian company, bought out by Russia’s state atomic energy agency, Rosatom. Uranium One’s big shots were very, very generous donors to the Clinton Foundation, the “charity” through which so much foreign money flowed to Bill and Hillary Clinton. The New York Times reported in April 2015 about how those donations spiked as the deal for Rosatom to secure Uranium One and its holdings in the United States was brought to a successful conclusion, along with one of Bill Clinton’s biggest paydays ever: As the Russians gradually assumed control of Uranium One in three separate transactions from 2009 to 2013, Canadian records show, a flow of cash made its way to the Clinton Foundation. Uranium One’s chairman used his family foundation to make four donations totaling $2.35 million. Those contributions were not publicly disclosed by the Clintons, despite an agreement Mrs. Clinton had struck with the Obama White House to publicly identify all donors. Other people with ties to the company made donations as well. And shortly after the Russians announced their intention to acquire a majority stake in Uranium One, Mr. Clinton received $500,000 for a Moscow speech from a Russian investment bank with links to the Kremlin that was promoting Uranium One stock... The Russian bank in question, Renaissance Capital, was so pleased with Bill Clinton’s performance at that $500k Q&A that Vladimir Putin, who was prime minister at the time, personally called Clinton to thank him.”
D. The Clinton foundation took in hundreds of millions in donations to build a hospital in Haiti after a major earthquake, then the money disappeared and the hospital was never built.
V. Hypocrisy. Hillary Clinton accepts donations from Saudi Arabia – a country that treats women like property, doesn’t allow them to drive, work, or attend school without permission of their husbands. A country that punishes homosexuality with death. Then she turns around and pretends to stand for women and the LGBT community? She talks about woman vote and glass ceilings and clutches her pearls when Donald Trump makes a sexist comment, yet she attacks her husband’s sexual victims, defends a man guilty of raping a 12-year old girl and laughs about it afterward? Maybe those incidents have nothing to do with her candidacy. But Trump’s don’t either. The hypocrisy and double-standard is mind-boggling.
By the way, to those who think that Clinton’s email server scandal was “no big deal” or “just a mistake”, or “well nothing happened“, or “wasn’t really a crime,” here’s at least a partial list of the crimes she committed on the emails alone:
- Flouting federal laws governing record-keeping requirements
- Failing to preserve emails sent or received from her personal accounts, as required by law
- Circumventing the Freedom of Information Act
- Violating the “gross negligence clause” of the Espionage Act: 18-USC-793(f) : “Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, … or information, relating to the national defense, (1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or (2) having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of its trust, or lost, or stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, and fails to make prompt report of such loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction to his superior officer—Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.”
- 2009 Federal Records Act: “Agencies that allow employees to send and receive official electronic mail messages using a system not operated by the agency must ensure that Federal records sent or received on such systems are preserved in the appropriate agency record keeping system.” By using a private email system, Secretary Clinton violated the Federal Records Act and the State Department’s Foreign Affairs Manual regarding records management, and worse, could have left classified and top secret documents vulnerable to cyber attack,’ Cause of Action Executive Director Dan Epstein said in an email to reporters. ‘This is an egregious violation of the law, and if it were anyone else, they could be facing fines and criminal prosecution.
- Pretending to know that Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) was classified
- Transferring classified material orgininating at CIA, NSA, and other intelligence sources, through her unsecured network
- Authoring hundreds of emails with classified information to people who did not have security clearance
- Inducing aids to commit perjury
- Lying to the FBI
- Campaign colluded with media, possibly even getting debate questions in advance
- Caught on tape saying that open borders are good – Hillary Clinton wants an open-borders society, where the world has a right to live at U.S. taxpayer expense, a right to cross our borders unchecked, and our national security means nothing. Wikilkeaks documents catch her red-handed saying this! She even admitted that we can not possibly vet refugees. We will effectively have no control of who’s entering our country, whether or not they mean us harm, and forever corroding respoect for national borders and the laws of our nation.
- Smearing and conspiring against Sanders.
- is racist / anti-Mexican? First, Mexican is not a race. Second, he is against ILLEGAL immigration, not all immigration. What is it about the leftist brain that fails to grasp this difference? It happens that most of the illegals are coming from Mexico, and it’s true that it’s not the cream of the crop coming over. Not ALL Mexicans are rapists and drug dealers. But if even a tiny number of the ones sneaking across are, we’ve got a major crime and national security issue. We lock our doors at night to protect our house, and that’s all the people calling for a wall want to do. This has NOTHING to do with race.
- Hates women? That’s why he promotes lots of women to executive positions in his corporations? Why is it that when he says a few comments about SOME women, that liberals translate that into insulting all women? If a tape gets leaked with Trump saying that all women are whores, then I’ll listen. Until then, please put away the fake moralism and pearl-clutching.
- Doesn’t have temperament? Ok here’s something that concerns me too. But again when you compare his words to Hillary’s actions, it’s no competition. Do you want to give the nuclear codes to a woman who would sell out our country to the highest bidder? I don’t. The same woman who complains about Trump’s temperament, calls half of his supporters a basket of deplorables, and is famous for insulting and abusive treatment of her staff, including Secret Service officers. If that’s not the pot calling the kettle black, I don’t know what is.
- Doesn’t pay taxes? When was the last time anyone filled out their taxes and wondered, “Gee I wonder how I might be able to pay more.” Donald Trump did everything within the law, there’s nothing illegal. If you lose money, it’s a tax write-off. If you don’t like the tax laws then change them, but don’t blame Trump for using the EXACT same laws that Hillary Clinton and many of her supporters use too.
- Says some bad things? When I was in school, our teachers used to say to us “Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt.” I don’t care what Trump called a beauty pageant contestant 20 years ago. His tape from the bus that came out before the debate. Yes the talk was disgusting but really, has no one ever heard that language before? If we put a rap beat to that tape, it would win a grammy award and everyone would call him an artist. This pretend moral outrage is almost as bad as the comments themselves. They’re just words people, and when you compare them to Clinton’s ACTIONS (both past and future), it’s not even a close call. No one gives a flying flip what Donald Trump MIGHT have called Ms. Venezuela 20 years ago, or whether or not he thinks Barack Obama is American born. NO ONE FUCKING CARES!! Words hurt too? Fine, go run to your safe space with your unicorns and puppy dogs and pretend that nothing bad ever happens. Come back and re-join the rest of us when you grow a spine.
- We are electing a President, someone who needs to be tough, tell us the truth, and stand up to world leaders. We’re not electing a BFF, a Sunday School teacher, or a boy scout headmaster. So for all of you on your moralistic high horse who get offended at every last thing, grow up and ask yourself what type of country you want to live in. A safe country with secure borders, lower taxes, a booming economy and educational choice, where the leader says some bad things sometimes, or a socialist utopia with insecure borders, civil unrest, terrorism, massive taxes & inflation, and a depleted disrespected military, whose President DOES bad things ALL the time. Why are we even having this discussion? Say what you want, Donald Trump never put national security in jeopardy, he never sold military secrets for campaign contributions, and never defended a child rapist while publicly smearing the victim.